In Oct of 2007, seven months after playing LotRO, Pan and I decided (much was Pan's encouragement) on starting a kinship, The Inklings. We also enlisted Chris, and surprisingly, passed these original Membership rules....we were small for our first 6 months. You can perhaps see (while all evolved and #1 was eliminated), how our Membership rules even in 2014 were the same.
Membership ceremonies are held once a month on the first weekend of each month.
- It is required that you have read one of Tolkien’s books and can in general speak to the lore laid within them. (Officers retain the ability to waive this requirement on very rare occasion and with a unanimous vote. Officers may invoke additional requirements if they ever waive this requirement.)
- It is required that you be nominated by another member or officer two weeks prior to a promotion ceremony.
- It is required that you receive a majority approval from the officers.
- It is required that you become a Master Journeyman in at least one non-gathering profession before being nominated
- It is required that you gather 50 bundles of one gathering profession item prior to the membership ceremony. You will present it at the ceremony to one of the officers.
- It is required that you craft one critical Journeyman item. You will present it at the ceremony to one of the officers.